Monday, March 22, 2010

*Spring Break*

The long awaited Spring break has finally arrived! I won't lie, I was super excited when I took that las final, loaded in my car, and headed off to my wonderful home! Its been a busy few days

so far and I have enjoyed them all! I kicked off my spring break with helping my church clean up a neighborhood here in our town. It may have been early, but the 200 plus people from out church were excited and eagered to work and help out a community in need. There were many projects going on, from painting house, restoring playgrounds and community centers, and everything in between. I spent most of my day with my cousins, picking up piles and piles of leaves. You'd think that spending hours doing this you'd get tired of it and want to stop, but not when you are singing, dancing, and laughing the whole time you are doing so. We also spent a lot of time with our adopted family painting and cleaning up the park, good laughs were of course apart of this as well. It may have taken some time, but the people that lived in the neighborhood soon came out to talk and just hang out with us who were working in their neighborhood; some helped, and others just talked, but it didn't matter what they were doing the interaction was what we wanted most and it was great. I loved seeing people from my church just loving and blessing people just as God has called us to do. Though we were all so tired by the end of the day, we had so much fun working.


I'll be helping my mom with daycare during my week of spring break. The kids I'll be watching and helping taking care of I love so much. Many of them have been apart of the daycare since they were babies, and are now in school or walking and talking. Its like having 20 extra neices and nephews =). Today they woke me up by banging on my door and screaming LLEEEEEENANAAAAAA over and over again until I busted the door open and scared them half to death....can't say I didn't laugh because I did. Who wouldn't want to be woken up by some exited kids? I loved the fact that they were just excited to see me as I was them. They asked me about 20 times when I'll be done with schoo and if I had to go back though. They were happy to hear I'd be back to spend along time with them in the summer. Today I got to spend some one on one time with my nephew. He kept me entertained at the grocery store as I did some much need shopping for my house. With stories that 'Came from his head," and being a break for the cart there was never a quite moment. If I know one this its 6 year olds come up with the funniest stories and ideas. With no nap and a busy day, I can imagine he will be knocked out before his head hits the pillow. It was a fun first day with the daycare, and the adventure will continue tomorrow with them.


Until next time


LeAnna =)

No comments:

Post a Comment